The Chateau Lednice was built in the years 1544 - 1585 in place of the original Gothic fortress. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens. The chateau was rebuilt in the Baroque style in the late 17th century. A Classicist reconstruction of the chateau took place in the years 1766 – 1772.
Today's appearance is virtually unchanged from the last reconstruction which started in 1846 in Neo-Gothic style. In this last reconstruction ground plan was maintained. The chateau has undergone great changes of facades. The chateau interior was redesigned, too. There is also a palm greenhouse, where it is grown about 250 species of subtropical and tropical plants.